Basic Career Requirements of Concrete Worker
- There is no specific requirement of the degree to step inside the concrete profession. You should have a complete apprenticeship and cross yourself through the on-the-job session of training. An applicant should only have a high school diploma degree.
- Problem-solving and skills of communication are much needed in a worker to acquire high status in this profession. They should know how to deal with project management and accounting software.
- It is also essential to have a piece of required knowledge about different concrete tools. Well, this will include power saws, concrete pumps, bar cutters, and so many more.
- Employers can work legally in the market after acquiring a physical examination along with a driver’s license.
Job Outlook of Concrete WorkerAccording to the 2014 statistical report, the average employment rate of concrete worker will increase by 15% in 2024. By 2028, it will grow at a rate of 11% more. Any employer who is thoroughly trained and have special education they can gain tremendous benefit by making themselves part of this field. According to the 2018 report, the average wage of concrete workers was around $22.76.
How to Become A Professional Concrete Worker?To become a professional concrete worker, you need to cross yourself through a different system and examination procedures. Below are a few of the necessary steps which are required to enter this profession:
- The employer or worker needs to meet all the necessary training requirements. To step into this profession through an apprenticeship program, you need to have a high school diploma degree. This program will have a duration of 4 years in which you will be able to learn some hands-on training skills.
- Having a certification in hand will make the concrete worker extra competitive inside marketplaces. They can easily earn this certification through the American Concrete Institute (ACI). This certification can be acquired by meeting a minimum range of working experience and passing an examination. ACI certification has a validity duration of around 3-4 years.
- The last step is about career advancement! After gaining so much experience, an ordinary worker can step forward and start working as a project manager on some construction site. Hence this will enable them to expand their skills and experience level on a more significant medium. You should have a complete apprenticeship and cross yourself through the on-the-job session of training.