Learn More About Brick and Stone Masonry
Stone or brick masonry is the one who is involved in using natural stones or concrete bricks for building different structures. This can be either the walls, chimneys or the fences. They are also known as stonemasons, brick masons or block masons.
You can even call them by the name of bricklayers. According to the 2016 survey report, there are around 290,500 masons who are working in the US. Most of them are associated with the fields of a concrete finisher or as the masons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Stone and Brick Masonry
To call yourself a professional stone and brick masonry, you need to know the essential duties or functions performed by them. Here we have a quick guide about the primary responsibilities of stone and brick masonry:
- They will help you in building different layouts and your roofing structures.
- You can make the use of different tools and equipment, which are required in various construction tasks.
- They perform the duty where they rebuild or point chimneys.
What is the salary outlook of stone and brick masonry?
Based on the specialization, stone or brick masonry might have different salary ranges. According to 2018 survey report, the median income range is as mentioned below:
- On the per hour basis, the median salary range annually is around $44,810.
- Experienced individuals can earn around $77,350 annually.
- Beginners or advanced experts can earn around $29,040 annually.